So, I have had a youtube channel in my early 20s in which I have posted funny sketches and song covers. Since then, I have deleted/made those videos private for reasons I….well, I just don’t like them lol.
As of Quarantine situation….I’ve been singing a lot more due to boredom. I even bought a ukelele to learn a new skill.
I thought maybe it would be a good idea to revive my old youtube channel and put content on there. So, I thought of sharing it with you guys! Hope y’all like and come visit me on there too! It’s scary at the thought I’d have some people view me singing, but hey it’s a start!!
This video was on tiktok, I got insecure and deleted it. Anyway, I’ll post it on here to show you that it’s possible to get long manicured nails during quarantine.
Two essential products used are as followed:
1) prep your nail using a e-file or regular nail file and you need to just gently create texture to your nails. Don’t file too much or you will thin out your nails and it will hurt bad!!! don’t do it!
2) Cleanse the nails to prepare them for application. If you don’t have a cleanser you can use 70 or 90% alcohol to remove any oils or residue on your nails. This helps any nail glue or gel polish to stay on longer!
3) I used nail tips and filed them to even it out to my nail bed. Then shaped to the length I want. You can use your own nails as well if you like the length of your own nails and would just like to add the structure gel to give your real nails strength.
4) Once you have the nail shape you like, you can go ahead and put a first thin layer of the structure gel and cure it for 45 seconds under a uv lamp.
5) Then apply a second thicker coat and cure it for 60 seconds.
6) cleanse your nails and apply polish of your choice.
I like the structure gel better than acrylic because if you have the uv lamp, you are curing it the same way as you would with shellac polishes.
Overall, I found that this method is easier than acrylic sets especially for beginners. It took me about 1hr 30 to complete, which is not bad. It’s a flexible formula in that you can use your real nails and extend it to desired length or use nail tip. Let me know if you guys tried these out or are interested in trying them out.