This video was on tiktok, I got insecure and deleted it. Anyway, I’ll post it on here to show you that it’s possible to get long manicured nails during quarantine.
Two essential products used are as followed:
1) prep your nail using a e-file or regular nail file and you need to just gently create texture to your nails. Don’t file too much or you will thin out your nails and it will hurt bad!!! don’t do it!
2) Cleanse the nails to prepare them for application. If you don’t have a cleanser you can use 70 or 90% alcohol to remove any oils or residue on your nails. This helps any nail glue or gel polish to stay on longer!
3) I used nail tips and filed them to even it out to my nail bed. Then shaped to the length I want. You can use your own nails as well if you like the length of your own nails and would just like to add the structure gel to give your real nails strength.
4) Once you have the nail shape you like, you can go ahead and put a first thin layer of the structure gel and cure it for 45 seconds under a uv lamp.
5) Then apply a second thicker coat and cure it for 60 seconds.
6) cleanse your nails and apply polish of your choice.
I like the structure gel better than acrylic because if you have the uv lamp, you are curing it the same way as you would with shellac polishes.
All products are from Amazon:
Gelish Structure gel – Gelish Gelish structure gel… https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01M0SH4XX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Orly Cleanser- Orly Gel Fx 3-in-1 Cleanser 4… https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005SNOXO8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
UV LAMP – UV LED Nail Lamp, Terresa 72 Watt… https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07RDGKNDP?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
my old lamp is from Sun UV and works well too- https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07M6VF293/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_PvTSEbPX5RQH8
Overall, I found that this method is easier than acrylic sets especially for beginners. It took me about 1hr 30 to complete, which is not bad. It’s a flexible formula in that you can use your real nails and extend it to desired length or use nail tip. Let me know if you guys tried these out or are interested in trying them out.